Pages

Wednesday, 30 May 2018

Week 5 DFI - Thinking Tools

Week 5 - A day with lots of thinking and a chance to have a go with a number of resources and tools.

Today we jumped right into looking at Code, Makey Makey and Scratch. I enjoyed Code because it was familiar to me. Our group of DFI teachers were totally engaged and you could hear a pin drop. I had seen Makey Makey roughly 3 weeks ago but hadn't tried it out myself, so it was cool to have a chance to experiment with the Makey Makey kit and resources. This is something I feel like I could implement into my classes especially as a presenting option for students and a Sharing tool for what they have learnt. Scratch on the other hand I am yet to find a purpose/way that I might implement this into my class.

Where to next? I am going to see if Makey Makey will be useful for our Music Teachers who have limited resources.




1 comment:

  1. Tena koe Kelly

    I'm glad to hear you enjoyed playing with Makey Makey. Coding has a lot of potential to teach students maths, the two I think you would agree go hand in hand. I'd encourage you to sign up to Code.org as a teacher, it gives you the ability to monitor students progress and you can set them different tasks that can align with your course. It could be a really nice engaging activity that not only helps with their understanding for maths but also incorporates aspects of the new Digital Technology Curriculum.

    ReplyDelete