Pages

Wednesday, 2 May 2018

Digital Fluency Week 1 - Term 2



I am very pleased to be participating in the Northland Digital Fluency Intensive for Term 2 , 2018.

Todays session has provided some good reminders about the kaupapa and pedagogy that underpin Manaiakalani. I have learnt some valuable information around some of the funding and logistics involved with both the schools in Auckland and for our particular Kaikohekohe cluster.

During the LEARN session I have learnt a number of Google skills that will help me in my personal teaching and learning journey and also in my role as a Middle and Senior Leader at school. The word processing features within google are going to help me work more efficiently and I look forward to sharing this with my colleagues and students. For example;

- Heading 1 (etc). Use the headings and urls for the headings so that you can instantly ping to this part of a document.
- Insert, Bookmark. Back to the top by putting in the link and selecting ‘bookmark’
- Insert images with the source
- Insert images. Use the camera and set time limits to get the image.
- Tools. Voice typing.

It was good to put some theory to practice to CREATE a poster using Google docs rather than Google drawing or another app. A works in progress (as I would like to make this an interactive poster) is below;










No comments:

Post a Comment