Pages

Wednesday, 30 May 2018

Week 4 DFI - Whats behind the drawing/photo

This week has been quite an eye opener. Google Drawing and Slides are amazing...there are so many things you can create.  I can see I will have to spend some time having a good play with these apps and revisiting the resources shared with us this week.

I decided to quickly create an  info-graphic (using a photograph from our DFI group - hopefully it works) to practice some ideas from todays session .  Going forward I want to make resources that are relevant to my current learning and teaching and therefore my students needs.
Oh I think I will have to go back at fix this......watch this space....possibly downloaded the wrong image file.


Also I was initially a little apprehensive about why and how I might use YouTube in the class setting.  I can now see that at the very least it is a great place to build a library of resources for either my reference and/or for later including in my class site/s.  Is anyone willing to to share how and why you use YouTube for learning with students please?





2 comments:

  1. Hi Kelly, I often find useful videos that explains a certain maths concept/strategy to make learning more visual for my students. Actually, YouTube has many great learning videos, such as learning the difference between two/to/too, their/there/they're, etc. This just provides another medium for students. Hope this helps. Great stuff happening on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kelly, I love reading your posts to catch up on the day and see how the content has connected with you. I agree that slides and drawing have so much potential for class use. You tube can be so helpful providing context or meaning for our young people eg reading a story about lizards then seeing a real lizard running around on a YT video, teaching a skill in PE and seeing a professional sports person moving correctly. Endless possibilities. However, as you mentioned, having the movies you want ;learners to watch in a playlist embedded in your Google Site is way more preferable for a teacher than setting them loose to get distracted on YT
    :)

    ReplyDelete